Delta X is a competition for students, organised in cooperation by the University of Tartu and the City of Tartu.
REGISTRATION FORM BELOW ⇓
- To encourage students to challenge themselves
- To promote solutions based standpoint in the University of Tartu
- To create premises for collaboration across fields of research
- To offer solutions to real-life problems
- Smart solutions in the University of Tartu Delta centre
- Art in science: how to see art in mathematics, data science and other fields of science?
- eID hackathon: new solutions for the Estonian electronic identity ecosystem
- Audio or video processing: webcam and/or microphone-based real-time solutions
- BUSINESS MODELS
- New startup ideas
- Social innovation, ideas that change the world
- Visual aids in mathematics and statistics
- R of Python package to facilitate solving mathematics or statistics problems
TARTU 2024 SPECIAL PRIZE
Tartu is the European Capital of Culture 2024. One of the themes for the capital of culture year is innovation and novel solutions for modern cities. This is why Tartu city government will give special prizes for projects which best of all innovate city life.
- GENERAL RULES: published in June 2020 on the website of the Delta centre delta.ut.ee
- IDEA HACKATHON: 17 September 2020
- PRE-EVENTS: December 2020
- FINALS: 27 January 2021
GENERAL RULES OF THE COMPETITION
1. TEAM REGISTRATION
- To register your team, please fill in the application down below.
- Registration is available until 31 October 2020, apart from digital solutions category in which the registration is open until 13 January 2021
- The organisers will send a confirmation of registration to the participant.
2. CHOOSING THE CATEGORY OF COMPETITION
- Competition projects can be submitted in Estonian or in English.
- The category of competition have to be chosen during registration.
- The organiser has the right to change the category of competition, if necessary.
- Participating teams can submit a request to change the category by email to deltaX@ut.ee.
3. LEVELS OF THE COMPETITION
- The teams are not evaluated based on competition levels , e.g. the age of participants.
4. TEAM MEMBERS
- The team may consist of up to five people. If the team has valid reasons for having more members than five, it has to be previously agreed with the organisers.
- At least half of the team members must be students of upper secondary or vocational school or higher education institution.
- In a one-member team, the project presenter must be a student of upper secondary or vocational school or higher education institution.
- Every competition category has a contact person appointed by the organiser.
- The teams can involve up to two instructors. The name(s) and contact information of the instructors have to be disclosed in the registration application down below or emailed to the organisers later. (deltaX@ut.ee)
- Preliminary competitions and development events may be held in some competition categories. The relevant information will be published on the website of the Delta centre, https://delta.ut.ee/en/delta-x/
- In the finals, the projects will be evaluated by competition categories.
- Evaluation committees are formed by competition categories.
7. COMPETITION RULES BY FIELD (will be published shortly)
- Digital solutions
- Business models
- Mathematics and statistics
REGISTRATION FORM BELOW ⇓
Further information and questions: deltaX@ut.ee
*Data protection policy