Delta X is a competition for students, organised in cooperation by the University of Tartu and the City of Tartu.
Place: University of Tartu Delta Centre/web
Final: 27th of January 2021
!!THE DELTA X 2021 FINALS INFORMATION!!
- To encourage students to challenge themselves
- To promote solutions based standpoint in the University of Tartu
- To create premises for collaboration across fields of research
- To offer solutions to real-life problems
- Smart solutions in the University of Tartu Delta centre
- Art in science: how to see art in mathematics, data science and other fields of science?
- eID hackathon: new solutions for the Estonian electronic identity ecosystem
- Audio or video processing: webcam and/or microphone-based real-time solutions
- BUSINESS MODELS
- New startup ideas
- Social innovation, ideas that change the world
- Visual aids in mathematics and statistics
- R or Python package to facilitate solving mathematics or statistical problems
In the robotics, digital solutions and mathematics competition, the best teams are awarded by:
- I place 1 000 euros
- II place 500 euros
- III place 250 euros
In the Business models category, the best teams are awarded:
- We will help the winner open the door to their dream partners! Before the final, we ask each team to send the three most important customers for them both in Estonia and in the world. The Faculty of Economics helps to bring you together with them thanks to our experience and network of contacts. Be it a large or small company, a ministry, an international organization or other exciting partner.
- For the second and third place, there are surprise prizes
The best teams in robotics category will also awarder with prices from YEInternational AS. The best of the mathematics competition are also recognized by Statistics Estonia.
TARTU CITY SPECIAL PRIZE
Tartu city is giving a special prize to the solution that proposes solutions how to use ID card in order to make everyday life in Tartu better.
NB! If you are looking for team member, write us about it at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you out!
1. TEAM REGISTRATION
- To register your team, please fill in the application down below.
- Registration for robotics category is open until 31st of December 2020:
- When registering to the robotics category, submitting additional files is not mandatory.
- Registration for the business models category is open until 1st of December 2020.
- When registering to the business models category, a slide show must be submitted (see the rules for more details)
- Registration for digital solutions and mathematics category is open until 13th of January 2021. With registration, the submitting the competition project is obligatory.
- The organisers will send a confirmation of registration to the participants.
2. CHOOSING THE CATEGORY OF COMPETITION
- Competition projects can be submitted in Estonian or in English.
- The category of competition have to be chosen during registration.
- The organiser has the right to change the category of competition, if necessary.
- Participating teams can submit a request to change the category by email to deltaX@ut.ee.
3. LEVELS OF THE COMPETITION
- The teams are not evaluated based on competition levels , e.g. the age of participants.
4. TEAM MEMBERS
- The team may consist of up to five people. If the team has valid reasons for having more members than five, it has to be previously agreed with the organisers.
- At least half of the team members must be students of upper secondary or vocational school or higher education institution.
- In a one-member team, the project presenter must be a student of upper secondary or vocational school or higher education institution.
- Every competition category has a contact person appointed by the organiser.
- The teams can involve up to two instructors. The name(s) and contact information of the instructors have to be disclosed in the registration application down below or emailed to the organisers later. (deltaX@ut.ee)
- Preliminary competitions and development events may be held in some competition categories. The relevant information will be published on the website of the Delta centre, https://delta.ut.ee/en/delta-x/
- In the finals, the projects will be evaluated by competition categories.
- Evaluation committees are formed by competition categories.
7. COMPETITION RULES BY FIELD
The rules open in new tab if you click on the category.
Further information and questions: deltaX@ut.ee
*Data protection policy